For the past 12 days and for the next 3 weeks I have and will be WWOOFing with a Farm about 1.5 hours from Quito, Ecuador at Rhiannon Community. Internet is scarce as I must walk 1.5 hours into town to get internet so if I have been absent know that each day I have been waking up at 6am and have been:
- -Feeding and taking care of donkeys
- -Getting REIKI certified
- -Getting a massage class
- -Cook healthy vegan and vegetarian meals
- -Change the compost
- -Feed the chickens
- -Changing human feces from the sustainable bathrooms in the community
- -Building things
- -Making art projects
- -Painting signs
- -Sitting around bonfires
- -Practicing Yoga
- -Adobe new houses (applying donkey poop, dirt, water and sand to houses made out of rocks filled bags).
- -Picking flowers
- -Participating in San Pedro Ceremony
- -Reading many new books
Of course not all of this happens every day but it’s what I have been fortunate to experience in the last two weeks. I feel full of energy and fully supported by a community of 15-20 volunteers and cannot describe how wonderful and full of joy it has been!
You can find more information about the Farm at the Rhiannon Community Website at: http://www.rhiannon-community.org/
For pictures of the community feel free to click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhiannon_community/with/8361158896/
Hopefully I will be able to write soon, if now then know I am not forgetting. Health and blessings to you all!